*Coming 2018-2019 school year
Blanton is now an After school site!
Visit: https://creativeaction.org/parents/creative-action-after-school/ for more information regarding their programs and how to register for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Educational Focus: Extend-A-Care provides 15-18 educational activities weekly to the children. Our quality sets us apart from other programs. EAC bases all curriculum activities on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)concepts and objectives.
- Our curriculum is based on weekly themes and designed by our curriculum coordinator. These themes might be changing seasons, holidays, turning points in history, higher education, learning about self-esteem, etc.
- Our weekly themes tie into daily themes, which are as follows:
- Math and Science Mondays: Monday curriculum encourages children to develop a passion for mathematics and science, and to pursue studying the aforementioned subjects in college.
- Make It Take It Tuesdays: Tuesday’s curriculum will focus on theme-related individual craft and art activities, as well as occasional cooking projects that students will complete to enjoy at home.
- Crafty Art Wednesdays: This curriculum encourages children to use their “right brains” for creative and fun arts & crafts activities.
- Groovy Games Thursdays: Activities on this day help build camaraderie and kinship among peers, and teach children the importance of working as a team.
- Sports/Born to Run Fridays: Curriculum produced by RunTex Foundation, this program provides our children with endurance training for a one mile run. In addition, to many opportunities for organized play.
- Financial Assistance: We strive to include all families in our program by offering affordable fees and ensure that families can access high-quality programs during out-of-school hours; therefore, we provide an extensive sliding fee scale plan for EAC families.
See their flyers!
Are you an AISD employee?