WHAT ARE ACE-AUSTIN AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS?
Texas Afterschool Centers on Education (ACE)-Austin is Austin ISD’s network of 30 before- and after-school programs that strive to provide structured, safe, and supervised places for learning and social interaction to prepare students for 21st-century jobs. These programs are free of charge and offer classes for 15 or more hours per week, Monday through Friday.
ACE-Austin provides extended learning opportunities for students and their families and offers innovative, hands-on activities that reinforce and complement students’ regular academic programs. These activities are before and after school and are based on research and best practices. By working with community partners, we provide academic enrichment that meets community needs.
ACE-Austin also strives to increase promotion and graduation rates and helps students prepare for college and the workplace. We do this with our Get Ready for College Program for fifth graders, science, technology, engineering and math education, and tutoring programs.
What are the goals of ACE?
ACE Programs strive to improve
- Promotion Rates
- Graduation Rates
- College and Career Readiness
ACE offers a variety of before and afterschool services, programs, and activities that engage students and allow for more learning to take place everyday. Services, such as English as a Second Language, Rapid Employment Training and Zumba classes, are also offered to immediate family members of students who participate in the afterschool program.
- Academic Support
- Science and Technology Education
- Enrichment Programs
- Character Education
- Drug and Violence Prevention
- Community Service
- English Language Classes
- Health and Fitness
- Computer Literacy
- Resume Assistance
- Parenting Seminars and Classes
Blanton is now an After school site!
Visit: https://creativeaction.org/parents/creative-action-after-school/ for more information regarding their programs and how to register for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Educational Focus: Extend-A-Care provides 15-18 educational activities weekly to the children. Our quality sets us apart from other programs. EAC bases all curriculum activities on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)concepts and objectives.
- Our curriculum is based on weekly themes and designed by our curriculum coordinator. These themes might be changing seasons, holidays, turning points in history, higher education, learning about self-esteem, etc.
- Our weekly themes tie into daily themes, which are as follows:
- Math and Science Mondays: Monday curriculum encourages children to develop a passion for mathematics and science, and to pursue studying the aforementioned subjects in college.
- Make It Take It Tuesdays: Tuesday’s curriculum will focus on theme-related individual craft and art activities, as well as occasional cooking projects that students will complete to enjoy at home.
- Crafty Art Wednesdays: This curriculum encourages children to use their “right brains” for creative and fun arts & crafts activities.
- Groovy Games Thursdays: Activities on this day help build camaraderie and kinship among peers, and teach children the importance of working as a team.
- Sports/Born to Run Fridays: Curriculum produced by RunTex Foundation, this program provides our children with endurance training for a one mile run. In addition, to many opportunities for organized play.
- Financial Assistance: We strive to include all families in our program by offering affordable fees and ensure that families can access high-quality programs during out-of-school hours; therefore, we provide an extensive sliding fee scale plan for EAC families.